Choosing your future college may be one of the biggest decisions you’ve ever had to make, especially if your road to college was through the adult education classes, you know how much time and self discipline it costs you, right? . So, yes, you may feel nervous or anxious about making the final decision. Relax and enjoy the experience. You should feel excited about your options and the amazing four years that lie ahead. Follow the tips below when thinking about each school. It may help to compare your acceptances side by side and rank each school or make a list of pro’s and con’s for each.
- Visit the schools you are considering. If you have already visited once, consider going back. Visiting the school with the perspective of an admitted student may cause you to look at it in a whole new way. Not to mention, college campuses can change a lot from year to year. When you visit the school be sure to talk to students on campus, visit a class in session, and stop and sit for 30 minutes at a busy place on campus.
- Talk to your friends, your parents, and your counselor. You will be the one ultimately making the decision but sometimes it can help to hear other people’s opinions. They may bring up points you hadn’t considered.
It was a foggy, late September morning here in northern Wisconsin. The sun had just come up, the grass was wet with dew, and the kids were scrambling to gather their backpacks and head out the door to catch the bus. As my two teenage boys strolled across the dewey grass, I peered out the front door to catch a glimpse of both of them side by side, heads down, texting. It was one of those classic moments where you wish you had a camera right there in your hand – they were walking off into the fog toward the bus stop checking their phones and texting at 7:00am. It made me think – how much teen texting is too much? At what point does it become a problem, or perhaps, even and addiction?
How Much is Too Much?
As most of you with teenage children can attest, teenagers love to text. While text messaging with your teens can be a great way to stay in touch with them, it’s also important to set limits and stick to them when their text messaging starts to interfere with other parts of your lives.
I’ve talked with plenty of parents in my GED School where I work, who have had difficulty dealing with their kids when it comes to too much text messaging. A good friend of ours was at the end of his rope with his son as he had sent 15,000 text messages in one month. Let me repeat that for you – 15,000! Do the math on that one.
So at what point does it become too much? (hint: 15,000) In my mind, as long as it’s not getting in the way of things like homework and family dinners and isn’t being done at inappropriate times, it’s probably fine. It’s almost impossible to put a specific number on what defines “too much”, so use the previous point as your guide. If it is getting in the way of things like homework and your teenager is texting in church, it’s time to set some limits.
A couple of days ago I was doing one of my increasingly rare stints in school. You might remember how I forgot to tell the school that I don’t work there any more? Well yeah, they still don’t know! The bell went and I learned first hand why that place has a one way system in the corridors.
I only knew one way to get to where I was meant to be headed next so I found myself battling against the tide. Edging gently in the wrong direction I made very slow progress. It helped that, with my teacher hat on, I was seen as someone in authority. They kinda had to let me pass.
As I was walking up the corridor the wrong way I saw several ‘real’ teachers (I get that a lot. “Are you a realteacher miss?”) stood in the doorways, waiting to catch pupils who might dare to try and go against the one-way system. Read more
There are many ways of getting a proper education from attending online GED courses and getting a GED certificate instead of high school diploma to even getting education abroad. Education has crossed the many boundaries, including of countries.
Today students travel over thousands of kilometers to a country of their choice to study specific majors and gain better exposure and experience.
There are a number of points that can be a decider on whether or not your choice of the country can prove to be the best for you. Therefore, before deciding on any country to travel to for your educational purposes, consider a few points like
1. Is the country the best place to study the major you are after?
2. Are you aware of the financial requirements?
3. Did you check with other potential options to travel to for the same major?
4. Have you checked on the social and political background of the country that you are traveling to?
5. Is there any scope for scholarships for the course you are about to attend?
6. How about the accommodation and traveling?
7. How safe is the country for international students?
8. Will you be allowed to work while studying?
9. What are the climatic conditions like in the country you are visiting?
10. How can you communicate with people back home? Read more
President Obama stated that “dropping out of high school is no longer an option. It’s not just quitting on yourself, it’s quitting on your country—and this country needs and values the talents of every American.” Since this time, the government has made a major promise to increasing America’s high school graduation rate. Top researchers have agreed that 25 -30% of students who sign up in not make the grade. Isn’t it sad?
BestGEDClasses puts forward online GED prep scholarships to those people who want to get ready to prepare online for the GED exam.
BestGEDClasses .com organized a big contest last March and gave away free GED Academy access to twenty people. GED Academy is one of the most effective GED Prep online courses available. These 20 people are already preparing for the GED exam.
Abundant Universe & Limited Beliefs
The universe we live in is abundant, extravagant and limitless but we do not reap the benefits of living in such a universe because our thoughts are limited and tiny. Throughout the ages, thoughts have become tinier and tinier as more people agree with each other’s puny thoughts and beliefs. Find more about this book.
S the smart thing to do is expand our beliefs in order to experience life fully. How can we expand our beliefs? Here are a few ways:
- Laugh often
- Love people
- Possess big vision and big goals
- Put passion into life and work
- Care about people
- Have better beliefs about money, life and success
A good deal of the book talks about finances: money and wealth from the point-of-view that there is enough money to go around but we limit ourselves due to our beliefs, fears and our instinct to hoard. We think money is dependent on external conditions like economy, bosses, jobs etc when in fact, money is a result of:
Money and wealth beliefs are usually inherited from parents and authority figures and we learned it through feelings, energy and example. The good news is that it is possible to program our minds for positive money beliefs. You will undersatnd why if you know the background of Alan Cohen
How To Have A Wealth Mentality
The book lists a number of ways to acquire and develop wealth mentality.
- Quality & Excellence: Provide excellent quality and service with integrity in everything you do. Always put people first, care about them and practice human connection with every interaction. Make excellence a habit and not merely an act.
- Know Your Worth: Remember never to belittle yourself and know your true worth in day-to-day life.
- Only Go After Happy Money: Money inherently is not good or bad but it becomes good or bad depending upon how we think of it and how we use it. Be aware of your power to generate wealth and this awareness will remove struggle to acquire money and desire to hoard money once you have the money. Always look for happy money. Money that is given or received with joy and free choice.
- Situations: No matter what the current situation, there’s always a silver lining to it. Reframe your mind. Remember that your source is infinite and does not depend on few individuals and companies.
- Ease: The most effective success attitude to adopt is EASE and not struggle. Relax and trust your wise intuition.
- Be Happy And Hungry: Always be happy and content with what you have. Be grateful. At the same time, be hungry for more as you deserve more and that feeling is natural and healthy so don’t feel guilty.
- Have Faith: A strong faith that everything works out for good at the end is essential. Do not worry because there will always be a part of you that is clear and strong. Look for that clear and strong part in you and use that part to lead in times of crisis.
- Breathe Passion And Energy: In all your work and creations, breathe passion and energy. People will be willing to pay freely to feel the energy and passion when you do everything with nothing less than a whole heart.
- Authenticity & Love: Be yourself and never anyone else. Teach well and love people as if it will be the last time you see them.
Check also information about online GED prep scholarship.
This is Empire Building Kit Review for week 15 For those who do not know, EBK is a course designed by Chris Guillebeau.
- Transcription service: Chris recommends Verbalink as a source for reliable transcriptions. Transcripts are good for people who are disabled and can’t hear or some just prefer to read.
- Hundred Days: What’s been happening in the 100 days? Take stock and compare yourself to how you were 100 days ago.
- Why do a product launch: The main reasons to do a product launch is to pre-sell prospects, more profit, get people to take action, create anticipation and its fun. Launches have to be planned so spend some time on thinking how you will launch.
- Crafting a Launch Strategy: The goal of a good launch is to make it specific, think about the specific things about how you will communicate the launch, ensure pre-launch creates the right buzz, what will you do on launch day as well as post-launch activities.
- The Pre-Launch Plan: The major goal is to create anticipation and answer any potential objections. The major steps of pre-launch messaging is to give early notice, pre-launch message sequences (at least 2) and even on the day before. The major idea is to have some kind of process because it benefits your business to tell people beforehand.
- The Launch Day: Wake up early, test everything and ensure everything works well. Now watch orders come tat come rolling in.
- Post-Launch: Follow-up with customers. Document lessons learned and prepare for next launch.
- Advanced Launch Strategies: Tips to take it up a notch by incorporating the following: Read more
My friend Mark is a well-respected affiliate marketer from New Zealand who recently opened up doors for his Training. In conjunction to the launch, he taught a webinar hosted wonderfully by Reena Shohet at Associate Programs (who are giving away 7 valuable bonuses) which had great takeaways for affiliate marketers.
Mark’s affiliate marketing adventures started in 1999 when his friend Charlie put up a website on GeoCities. This lead to Charlie putting up an affiliate link for a dating site and earning commissions for about US$50 per month. This prompted Mark to ask the question, “How do I link up people with products and earn commissions?” and like they say the rest is history.
Mark is based in New Zealand which shows time and time again that you can be successful on the Internet even from outside of the US as location generally has no impact on online business. What’s inspirational about Mark is that he started out small (like the most of us) and had a student loan to pay. He juggled his Internet business with a part-time job at Pizza Hut. His early success came from free search engines and for the first 4 years online, he did not but any products by gurus for making money online. He had a simple formula that worked and he simply rinsed and repeated it.
Affilorama is a training and community site for affiliate marketers founded in 2006 by Mark Ling. It has two tier membership (basic and premium – I’m a basic member) with lots of video lessons, interviews, tools, blog and a forum. Read more
Flexibility, no loss of income , more concentrations, no need to relocate, more affordable, fast-track options are just a few benefits worth to mention when it comes to pros and cons of online MBA. And if you want to get even better deal, considerthe online MBA no GMAT. Then you are really a winner! says Kate, the researcher at Mackmo
Starting a Master of Business Administration (MBA) may have a profound impact on your employ ability and job prospects. Career possibilities are much more rewarding and desirable for MBA holders than for those who don’t have the qualification. If you’d like to boost your job potential, it is essential to stand above your competition through understanding the latest business management concepts. Graduates from MBA programs may end up in lucrative positions.
It’s wrong to think that having an MBA is just of great benefit for people who want to find management positions in business enterprises. It’s a qualification that’s also helpful to people from an array of fields, even doctors and individuals in the media industry will find they’re more effective after completing an MBA program. Read more